An interpretation of an original pilsener. Clean, strong, dry, hoppy. Brewed with two-row and Cara pils malts, with Magnum Tettnang and Herkules hops.
Brewer: Atwater Brewing
- Other Brands:
- More Atwater Brewing Products
- United States - Detroit, Michigan
- Located in Detroit's historic Rivertown district, and housed in a 1919 factory warehouse, Atwater Brewery was founded in March of 1997 with the purpose of carrying on the rich history of breweries in Detroit. Our brewing process, however, is over 200 years old. Our imported Kasper Schultz brew house allows us to brew our brands in the true heritage-style of traditional German lagers. And, when we say, "imported brew house," we mean it! All of our main brewing equipment was brought in from Germany, where precision and passion for beer has its roots. In fact, when we have service calls on our equipment, we call in the Germans!
- www.facebook.com/pages/Atwater-Brewery/162005 »
Shelf Tags for Atwater Block Uber Ursa Imperial Pils
Style: German Pilsner (Pils)
- The German version of the Bohemian Pilsner is an imitation of its Bohemian cousin, but has evolved as a distinctly different style due to the different brewing conditions found in Germany. Harder water created a beer style that is actually complemented by the high sulfate content of Bavarian water.
German Pilsners usually taste more bitter or earthy than their Bohemian counterparts. They are also known simply as "Pils" in Germany.
- Browse German Pilsner (Pils)