Kick back, relax and enjoy a cold craft beer in your city's Grand Circus Park.
Brewer: Atwater Brewing
- Other Brands:
- More Atwater Brewing Products
- United States - Detroit, Michigan
- Located in Detroit's historic Rivertown district, and housed in a 1919 factory warehouse, Atwater Brewery was founded in March of 1997 with the purpose of carrying on the rich history of breweries in Detroit. Our brewing process, however, is over 200 years old. Our imported Kasper Schultz brew house allows us to brew our brands in the true heritage-style of traditional German lagers. And, when we say, "imported brew house," we mean it! All of our main brewing equipment was brought in from Germany, where precision and passion for beer has its roots. In fact, when we have service calls on our equipment, we call in the Germans!
- www.facebook.com/pages/Atwater-Brewery/162005 »
Shelf Tags for Atwater Block Grand Circus
Style: American IPA
- Like other American-ized versions of English style beers, the American India Pale Ale (IPA) differs from it's English counterpart in it's strong use of American style hops. Generally stronger in bitterness and characterized by a grapefruit and/or citrus flavor, American IPA's are near the high end of the bitterness scale among all beer styles.
Though today they are typically much stronger and more assertive than their English counterparts, the American IPA is likely to be closer to the original English IPA of the 18th century than current English versions. Over the years, the extreme hops and bitterness of the English version has been reduced to meet consumer demand, while the American IPA thrives on being an extreme dose of hops.
The American IPA is also distinguished by it's use of American hops, which are generally more citrusy in character than the typical earthy, English hop.
- Browse American IPA